Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Sorry...I keep trying to dig deeper and keep discovering/realizing stuff.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM, David G. Johnston <
david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

> =E2=80=8B
>>
> =E2=80=8BFun times...
> [up-thread commands still in effect]
> ALTER DATABASE postgres SET ROLE loginrole2;
> psql -U loginrole postgres
> WARNING:  permission denied to set role "grouprole"
> WARNING:  permission denied to set role "loginrole2"
> postgres=3D>
>
> In light of the above double-warning I'm concerned that "precedence" isn'=
> happening correctly here - but that could be an implementation artifact
> (the more specific combination is executed second so that it ends up
> overriding any settings attempted to be set by the less specific
> =E2=80=8Bconfiguration).  In this case, though, the failed attempt to set=
 the
> db+role setting would have resulted in the role setting taking effect if =
it
> was valid.  I don't recall us making this distinction clear in the
> documentation.

Actually, apparently the system realizes =E2=80=8Bits attempt to SET ROLE <=
role-set
value> failed and proceeded to attempt to "SET ROLE <db-set value>" -
assuming the visible order is reflective of reality.  So it does have the
necessary smarts and also fall-back-try-again logic.

The rest of the documentation observations stand.

David J.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14242: Role with a setconfig "role" setting to a nonexistent role causes pg_upgrade to fail
От: harukat@sraoss.co.jp
Сообщение: BUG #14243: pg_basebackup failes by a STATUS_DELETE_PENDING file