Re: psql's default database on connect (our internal ref. SRP-30861)

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: psql's default database on connect (our internal ref. SRP-30861)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, August 6, 2021, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
If unset, it will use the PostgreSQL user name also as the database name.

This is true, but its not what the docs says:

psql usage doc:

“The default user name is your operating-system user name, as is the default database name.”

Specifying -U doesn’t change one’s operating-system name, and the “as is” language is shorthand for “the default database name is your operating-system user name”.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: psql's default database on connect (our internal ref. SRP-30861)
Сообщение: Re: psql's default database on connect (our internal ref. SRP-30861)