Re: BUG #16747: Unexpected behaviour of the overlaps function

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #16747: Unexpected behaviour of the overlaps function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 8:56 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      16747
Logged by:          Paul Luchyn
Email address:      ddiamondbbackk@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.8
Operating system:   Windows

Hello!

I'm working with the "overlaps" function.
In my humble opinion it works incorrectly in one case.

Your examples perfectly match the documentation:

"Each time period is considered to represent the half-open interval start <= time < end, unless start and end are equal in which case it represents that single time instant. This means for instance that two time periods with only an endpoint in common do not overlap."

And one more question: is there any other function which will do the trick
in the situation described in the last example?

Create an explicit range out of the timestamps and use one of the range operators/functions?

David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16736: SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16736: SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver