Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, April 29, 2024, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 28 Apr 2024, at 20:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> This is of course not bulletproof: with a sufficiently weird
>> bootstrap superuser name, we could get false matches to parts
>> of "regress_dump_test_role" or to privilege strings.  That
>> seems unlikely enough to live with, but I wonder if anybody has
>> a better idea.

> I think that will be bulletproof enough to keep it working in the buildfarm and
> among 99% of hackers.

It occurred to me to use "aclexplode" to expand the initprivs, and
then we can substitute names with simple equality tests.  The test
query is a bit more complicated, but I feel better about it.

My solution to this was to rely on the fact that the bootstrap superuser is assigned OID 10 regardless of its name.

David J.