Re: BUG #14192: pg_dump/pg_restore omit setting search_path in restored db

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14192: pg_dump/pg_restore omit setting search_path in restored db
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Hans Buschmann <buschmann@nidsa.net> wrote=
:

> On 6/15/2016  John R Pierce wrote:
>
> >that syntax is indeed stored with the database schema, and would be part
> >of a database dump.
> >
> >you also can simply SET search_path 'somevalue';    and this applies
> >only to the current session, and wouldn't be part of the database
>

> This is the point I don't understand.
> You said, the syntax ALTER DATABASE xxxdb SET SEARCH PATH is stored in th=
> database and would be part of a database dump.
>
> But to my observation, this is not the case. I certainly set the search
> path to the database (not the session) on the dumping machine, but it is
> not restored with pg_restore.
>
> I verified this with a little test database and checked the resulting SQL
> dump. (You may do it yourself).
>
> The databse search path appeared not in the dump.

=E2=80=8BNot sure if John just mis-understood you, mis-spoke, or doesn't un=
derstand
what "ALTER DATABASE SET" does but indeed his comment was incorrect insofar
as it was used to answer the question you posed.  ALTER DATABASE SET
installs a cluster record that points to a specific database in the same
cluster.  The cluster contains multiple databases and pg_dumpall is used to
obtain those items that are cluster-oriented (even if the specific values
only would pertain to a single database in the cluster).

David J.

От: "Hans Buschmann"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14192: pg_dump/pg_restore omit setting search_path in restored db
От: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Сообщение: Segmentation fault with postgres -C external_pid_file