Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> Well our solution was to use ?? but that does mean we have to do some
> extra parsing which in a perfect world wouldn't be necessary.

That's not a good solution as '??' is a perfectly valid operator. ISTR
seeing it used somewhere in the wild, but I could be wrong.

​It which case you would write (I think, not tested and not part of the test suite that I can see...):

​There was some discussion about ?? vs \?:

I did find some alternatives discussed a couple of years back, like {postgres qm} and <operator("?")>; the later simply being to allow the operator to be quoted inside "operator()"

​The commit that added "??":

David J.