Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all
Дата
Ответ на Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Ответы Re: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 9:31 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

I know I am replying late here, but isn't it the database _cluster_
superuser?

The "cluster" being implied doesn't seem like a big deal.  The shorter term is nice.  It doesn't seem worth changing all the many, many, places in the documentation where just "database superuser' is used - and so we've updated the glossary to be just that.

David J.