Re: BUG #16572: pgadmin change column order

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #16572: pgadmin change column order
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:36 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      16572
Logged by:          Zsolt Naményi
Email address:      namenyi.zsolt@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.2
Operating system:   Windows

Dear Developers,

I would like to talk about a missing function. As I see, changing the order
of the columns is a very important behaviour in any database manager system.
Unfortunately, in pgAdmin4, there is not possible. Is it possible to modify
the column order in the near future? It would be great! I know there is a
solution for this operation, for instance: create view (or something
else...), but I think It is too complicated.

I am waiting for your response, please feedback as soon as possible! It is
important, because our developer team consider which database manager would
be the best for our project.

This is an inappropriate list for this topic - specifically, it's not a bug report.  As you seem to be talking about the column order of a table this isn't the fault of pgAdmin4 - it just displays whatever column order the underlying table/query is defined with.  There are no immediate plans in PostgreSQL to rearrange column order of tables.

David J.