Re: Counting booleans in GROUP BY sections

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Counting booleans in GROUP BY sections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 12:48 PM Alexander Farber <alexander.farber@gmail.com> wrote:

if I remove GROUP BY mid, then I get the error:

ERROR:  42803: column "words_moves.mid" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function
LINE 18:         mid,
                 ^
LOCATION:  check_ungrouped_columns_walker, parse_agg.c:1369

Yes, you need to decide whether you want to output GROUPS (in which case any detail more specific than your desired group needs to be aggregated) or NOT (in which case you can probably use WINDOW functions to accomplish your goal - count(...) OVER (PARTITION BY <the level of grouping you desire knowledge about - year month it seems in this case>))

David J.