Re: Add a new table for Transaction Isolation?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Add a new table for Transaction Isolation?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Saturday, April 25, 2015, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 08:47:47PM +0000, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Maybe something like "Prohibited", "Allowed but not Possible", and
> "Possible"?  That would take a little explaining above, since our
> documentation's table would be deviating from the standard's table
> in its word choice.

I can't even process that.

After writing my thoughts this makes sense now.  Prohibited means that both tables would say not possible.  Possible means both tables would say possible.  Allowed but not possible means our implementation says not possible and the standard says it is possible.  The fourth possibility, not allowed but possible, would mean we are not standard conforming and since we are it never appears.

I would probably choose "not possible (contra-SQL)" and emphasize our implementation and footnote the two differences.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Add a new table for Transaction Isolation?
Сообщение: Re: Add a new table for Transaction Isolation?