Re: BUG #14037: Move history file

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14037: Move history file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM, <vendforce@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14037
> Logged by:          vendforce
> Email address:      vendforce@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.1
> Operating system:   linux
>
> I want to move the .psql_history file that resides in $home
>
> In mysql you can do
> export MSQL_HISTDFILE=3D/newfolder/mysq_history,
> and the history file is created and remains in the exported string
>
> Id tried that with PYSQL_HISTFILE &  PSQL_HISTFILE and it doesnt work
>
> Is there a way to move the history file to a different folder

=E2=80=8BThis is not a bug and it is documented in psql's documentation cha=
pter -
so not exactly non-intuitive.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-psql.html

=E2=80=8BThe only thing that might be surprising is that you actually have =
change it inside of psql (either via CLI option or meta-command) as opposed
to setting a shell environment variable.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14037: Move history file
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14037: Move history file