Re: [SQL] function source code not returning from inside a pgsql function.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [SQL] function source code not returning from inside a pgsql function.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Herwig Goemans <herwig.goemans@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have a function in a punlic schema and in psql when I do:
 pg_get_functiondef(oid) from pg_proc where proname = 'xtm_doc_ref';
I get a result.
When I do the same in a function:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION tm.alter_tbl(
p_id integer,
p_type character varying,
p_lang character varying)
    RETURNS void

​[...]
 And I call the function with :
TM=# select alter_tbl('xtm_2_fr_nl_doc');
NOTICE:  input parameters result in xtm_2_fr_nl_doc
NOTICE:   probleem
 alter_tbl

(1 row)
 The source code is not fetched.
the function the public schema is a template for another function that I want to create in the TM schema.
I suppose this has something to do with pgsql nit having acces to public schema ?
Is  there something that can be done about it ?

You've defined the function as RETURNING void -- which says you don't intend to return anything to the caller.

You need to redefine the function and then explicitly return whatever content it is you wish to return - per the documentation at:

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: