Re: BUG #17469: postgresql-11.service file not configured to match setup/initdb options specified

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #17469: postgresql-11.service file not configured to match setup/initdb options specified
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 4:42 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      17469
Logged by:          Joe Hebert
Email address:      jhebert@micron.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.11
Operating system:   RHEL 8.5

After researching further, I reviewed file
/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-11.service
and found the following offending line:
Environment=PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/11/data/

Which should have been set to /postgres/data/datafiles based in the option
provided to the initdb command.

I'm curious to know where you got the idea that initdb integrated with systemd.  I'm under the impression it doesn't.  PostgreSQL core doesn't generally deal with such platform-specific concerns (i.e., it isn't a feature enhancement we would consider).

If you go against the conventions of your packaged distribution (or do not avail yourself of its tooling) you have to do the customizations yourself.

David J.