Re: v16 roles, SET FALSE, INHERIT FALSE, ADMIN FALSE

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: v16 roles, SET FALSE, INHERIT FALSE, ADMIN FALSE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 12:23 PM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

This is more curiosity than anything else.  In the v16 role system, is there actually any reason to grant membership in a role to a different role, but with SET FALSE, INHERIT FALSE, and ADMIN FALSE?  Does the role granted membership gain any ability it didn't have before in that case?

That scenario is allowed but provides no useful in-server behavior.  I suppose the membership presence/absence could be given external meaning by a DBA.  Personally, I'd just add a metric on the server counting these and alert if it is ever non-zero.

David J.