Re: [GENERAL] Backward compatibility

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Backward compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, ALL,
According to the documentation PostgreSQL 9.6 (latest) supports

CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXIST

However, the version 9.4 and below supports only

CREATE INDEX.

Is there a query or a libpg function which can return the version of
the server I'm running?

​SHOW server_version_num;  -- this is better than "version()" since you don't have to parse text

see the below for other ways to query the setting.

And in the latter case - is there a way to check if the index exist?

I guess I will have to query "information_schema" again...

​Yep, not much demand for multiple ways to do the same thing in this area...​

​David J.​

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Backward compatibility
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Backward compatibility