Re: pg_dump's restore gives "operator does not exist: public.iprange = public.iprange" but copy paste works

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_dump's restore gives "operator does not exist: public.iprange = public.iprange" but copy paste works
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

I don't think there's any good solution right now.

For joins it is generally easy enough to resort to the ON clause instead of USING so of the various places there are problems this is probably the least.

I'll admit these have been infrequent since resolving CVE 2018-1058, but I still disagree with the decision to not give the DBA an option on whether to leave public in their search_path during a pg_dump and pg_restore.

David J.