[HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump

От David G. Johnston
Тема [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, January 22, 2018, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

In the end, I feel like this patch has actually been through the ringer
and back because it was brought up in the context of solving a problem
that we'd all like to fix in a better way.  Had it been simply dropped
on us as a "I'd like to not have comments in my pg_dump output and
here's a patch to allow me to do that" I suspect it would have been
committed without anywhere near this level of effort.

+0; but recognizing our users are going to remain annoyed by the existing problem and that telling them that this is the answer will not sit well.

David J.