Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Monday, April 22, 2024, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:36:20PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> There is little upside to preventing the existence of an unlogged
> partitioned table at this point.  I have just submitted a doc patch to deal
> with that side of the equation.

I would not object to that.  However, now that we're five years into
this problem, I'd rather treat that as a new entire feature than
change the existing behavior in the back branches.

Not changing unlogged property of a partitioned table on ALTER TABLE
is of course no good.

Correct, it is an outright bug that I see no reason not to just fix and back-patch.  The new feature needs its own thread so as not to have this one see the same fate it had 5 years ago.

David J.