Re: citext plugin is not working with java applications

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: citext plugin is not working with java applications
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 7:39 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> You have not explained what "does not work" means.

True...but assuming it is true would we accept placing a
driver-specific warning here? We do not do so anywhere else in the
documentation that I am aware.

The main issue, IIUC, is that Prepared Statements require their input
types to be known while most users write queries without specifying
data types explicitly.  The JDBC driver falls back to determining the
untyped input as text instead of citext which forces a "text op text"
comparison instead of a "citext op citext" one when the query is
executed.

The JDBC docs don't seem to cover this, which they should as it is
their limitation, not ours (that I am aware of...), though I'm unsure
exactly what the limitation stems from.

David J.