Re: [DOCS] "Comparison of Different Solutions"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [DOCS] "Comparison of Different Solutions"
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 31 May 2017 at 03:40, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> In "26.1 Comparison of Different Solutions", nothing is mentioned with
> logical replication. I think the section is the biggest picture for
> all high availability, load Balancing, and replication solutions in
> the docs

actually i wonder why Logical Replication is chapter 31 instead of
being in this same chapter

​The original complaint has been addressed with a blurb and a cross-reference.

As for keeping separate the new logical replication docs from the long-standing physical replication docs​ I don't see any particular problem.  My understanding is that the former is whole-database and serves more of an administrative capability (backups, high-availability) for the server, while the later, despite having to be configured by the server admin, plays more of an application role.

David J.