settings to control SSL/TLS protocol version

От David G. Johnston
Тема settings to control SSL/TLS protocol version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, November 5, 2018, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 03:01:58PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 4:21 PM Peter Eisentraut
> >
> > Attached is a patch that implements this.  For example:
> >
> >     ssl_min_protocol_version = 'TLSv1'
> >     ssl_max_protocol_version = 'any'
>
> +1.  Maybe it would make sense to spell 'any' as the empty string.
> Intuitively, it makes more sense to me to think about there being no
> maximum than to think about the maximum being anything.

..and now, I'm finally beginning to see the reasoning that led Oracle
to conflate NULL and empty string.

Seems like a situation for ‘n/a’ though maybe that’s too English-centric...

I’m a bit uncertain about the mix of name and number in something that purports to be a version and thus should be numeric only.  SSLv3 and TLSv2 would not be comparable in terms of min/max...but I haven’t delved deeply into the feature either.

David J.