Re: issue, dumping and restoring tables with table inheritance can alter column order

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: issue, dumping and restoring tables with table inheritance can alter column order
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Ingmar Brouns <swingi@gmail.com> wrote:

However, when I dump the schema using pg_dump, and then load the
resulting sql file, suddenly 'c' does follow 'a'. So restoring my
schema has changed my table's layout. I feel dumping and loading
should not alter column positions. Any thoughts?

​Any or all of the following:​

1) Help the community implement the outstanding concepts surrounding the separation and recording of separate data for physical and logical column order.
2) Suggest, and/or implement, ways that the current behavior could be more readily discovered and comprehended by users without having to discover it by accident.
3) Understand the problem and mitigate its impact in your specific work.

David J.