Re: Add new error_action COPY ON_ERROR "log"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Add new error_action COPY ON_ERROR "log"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 9:42 AM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
Hi,

As described in 9e2d870119, COPY ON_EEOR is expected to have more
"error_action".
(Note that option name was changed by b725b7eec)

I'd like to have a new option "log", which skips soft errors and logs
information that should have resulted in errors to PostgreSQL log.

Seems like an easy win but largely unhelpful in the typical case.  I suppose ETL routines using this feature may be running on their machine under root or "postgres" but in a system where they are not this very useful information is inaccessible to them.  I suppose the DBA could set up an extractor to send these specific log lines elsewhere but that seems like enough hassle to disfavor this approach and favor one that can place the soft error data and feedback into user-specified tables in the same database.  Setting up temporary tables or unlogged tables probably is going to be a more acceptable methodology than trying to get to the log files.

David J.