Re: crypt function crash on postgresql 9.3.20 and 10

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: crypt function crash on postgresql 9.3.20 and 10
Дата
Re: crypt function crash on postgresql 9.3.20 and 10
Список pgsql-bugs
On Friday, February 2, 2018, Michael <asper@tagan.ru> wrote:

However, in a postgresql 9.3.2, such a call does not lead to an error.

If you are saying 9.3.2 gives a result and 9.3.20 raises an error I suspect the response in 9.3.2 was bogus and giving an error instead of a bogus result was deemed the best fix.

how then should the function respond to a call
select crypt('123',NULL);
this does not cause an error

It probably returns null because I would hope the function is defined as strict.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: crypt function crash on postgresql 9.3.20 and 10
Сообщение: Re: crypt function crash on postgresql 9.3.20 and 10