Re: Fetching Date and Timestamp values

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Fetching Date and Timestamp values
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Dev Kumkar [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:36 AM, David Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
​You probably don't need to be as thorough as a full bug report - though it doesn't hurt - but that is a good reference point.

At minimum I'm not sure how you'd expect a useful answer to a SQL-related question without providing any SQL statements...

You provided zero detail (no, an API description of a call does not count) which means you didn't even try to figure things out or were too lazy to supply whatever testing you attempted.  Why would you expect others to help when you don't show that you put forth any effort yourself?  I was tempted to just ignore the email but at least figured I could provide a direct answer to your question.

I was tempted to reply to the "Let me know..." question with a simple "No" but at least this should get you started.

FWIW I do not use the ODBC interface.

David J.

My question was very basic here, wanted to check if SQL_C_CHAR is the correct way to fetch SQL_DATE or SQL_TIMESTAMP.

Regards...

​And if you had actually asked that question initially I would have simply moved on as I have no clue due to not using ODBC.

But all you did was put out a little bit of code and asked if anything was obviously wrong.  Unless you intended to test the observation and knowledge capabilities of the readers of this list such a broad question is putting more burden on the reader than is necessary and doesn't let people quickly evaluate whether they can help.

All I wanted to do was avoid having you wait for hours just to get the same response that I put forth - provide more detail.

David J.

Sent from the PostgreSQL - odbc mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Сообщение: Re: Fetching Date and Timestamp values
Сообщение: Re: Fetching Date and Timestamp values