Re: Table seems empty but its size is in gigabytes

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Table seems empty but its size is in gigabytes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:30 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 4/12/2016 9:16 AM, David G. Johnston wrote:
Now my big table statistics shows tuples inserted and its size is in order of gigabytes, but a simple SELECT has no rows, is there any way to recover the data in this table?

​Do you want to recover the dead data or the space ​that it consumes?

to free the disk space, use...

    vacuum full tablename;

In the table is (should be) empty you could also do TRUNCATE tablename;  I suspect there isn't a functional difference between the two options - the later does work on non-empty tables though it has some performance implications if done on one containing data.

I don't know how to reclaim tuples that were written but rolled back.

​This is the request - got an off-list reply to that effect.

David J.