Re: BUG #16318: The default tablespace of a table and index is notinheriting the tablespace of database

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #16318: The default tablespace of a table and index is notinheriting the tablespace of database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      16318
Logged by:          Jackey
Email address:      jackeylhm@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.6
Operating system:   Ubuntu

I created a table and an index without specifying a tablespace name, and
expect the table and index will use the database's tablespace.  But I found
the table and index is using the server's setting default_tablespace,
instead of the database's tablespace.

Per the documentation [1], if you actually specified a non-empty value for default_tablespace its not a bug, if the default_tablespace is undefined then the tablespace of the database, which defaults to the default tablespace anway, should have been used.

Is this a bug? or this is the expected
behavior? I come from an Oracle DBA 's background, expecting all objects
created in a database will inherit the tablespace's setting of the database.

A basic self-contained example would allow for a conclusive answer as specific values or various settings and objects are important here.

David J.