Re: [HACKERS] Re: issue: record or row variable cannot be part ofmultiple-item INTO list

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: issue: record or row variable cannot be part ofmultiple-item INTO list
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: issue: record or row variable cannot be part of multiple-item INTO list  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Aside from being inconsistent, it doesn't cover all
the cases --- what if you have just one query output column, that is
composite, and you'd like it to go into a composite variable?  That
doesn't work today, and this patch doesn't fix it, but it does create
enough confusion that we never would be able to fix it.
Actually, this does work, just not the way one would immediately expect.

​ct1: (text, text)​

DO $$
SELECT ('1', '2')::ct1 INTO c1;
RAISE NOTICE '%', c1;
END;
$$;

​Notice: ("(1,2)",)

And so, yes, my thinking has a backward compatibility problem.  But one that isn't fixable when constrained by backward compatibility - whether this patch goes in or not.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Show backtrace when tap tests fail
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Show backtrace when tap tests fail