Re: Foreign data wrappers and indexes on remote side

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Foreign data wrappers and indexes on remote side
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Filip Rembiałkowski <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

Is there any way to take use of indexes on foreign tables?

Currently (at least with tds_fdw, that I was testing) the planner just
does a dumb full sequential scan in all cases.

That is

SELECT drink FROM foreignbar;

-- takes as much time as

SELECT drink FROM foreignbar where drink_key = 3210;

​It is possible but implementation is the responsibility of the FDW middleware authors.

Since "tds_fdw" is not core this would not be the correct forum.

David J.