Re: [NOVICE] trigger on delete/field update

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [NOVICE] trigger on delete/field update
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 7:27 AM, Ruslan R. Laishev <zator@yandex.ru> wrote:
So, what I'm need to check ?

​I assume you are using a BEFORE trigger on the table...​

​The docs imply what you want to do is not possible using triggers.

"​Row-level triggers fired BEFORE can return null to signal the trigger manager to skip the rest of the operation for this row (i.e., subsequent triggers are not fired, and the INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE does not occur for this row)."

It might be possible to accomplish your goal with an INSTEAD OF trigger on a View over the table...I have never tried this.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] The server does not listen
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] The server does not listen