Re: Postgres service is not starting

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Postgres service is not starting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday, August 28, 2023, Vinit Saini <vinits@linecraft.ai> wrote:
The service was running fine, then I restarted the system and service was
not starting. Force service restart says "service started and then
stopped".
In, Event Viewer, I found "pre existing memory block is still in use".

I have tried restarting the service after deleting postmaster.pid and
posgresql.conf, as suggested at number of places, which I do not
understand
really.

I have also tried reinstall PostgreSQL on previous data directory, that also
does not work.

Can you please help?

Sounds like the service was already running post-reboot and your attempts to start it correctly failed since it was already running.

Your attempts at correcting things likely just made it worse/harder to recover.  This is why people like virtual machines - start from scratch with the software and then restore your backups.

I have no idea how you’d expect the software to run if you remove its configuration file.  You should undo that.

David J.