Re: [NOVICE] PostgreSQL case sensitivity

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [NOVICE] PostgreSQL case sensitivity
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Rouzzi Anissa wrote:
> Please help me i would like to know if there is any way to disable the case sensitivity in
> PostgreSQL Server.
> How can i achieve that?

I guess you are speaking about string comparison.

You could use the "citext" type defined in the contrib module of that name:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/citext.html

​If Albe has guessed wrong and you are speaking of identifiers, then no.

David J.​