Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Do we have consensus on doing this?  Should we have the warning on
> by default, or off?

I vote for defaulting the warning to off.   If that proves to be too
problematic, I'd take that as a sign that this whole change is not as
low-impact as we're hoping, and maybe consider a rethink.

​Do we want to have three states?  On, Off, and Auto?  We can then change what Auto means in a point-release while letting people who have chosen On or Off have their wish.

Auto could also consider some other data - like how long ago the database was initialized​...

I would vote for Auto meaning On in the .0 release.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators
Сообщение: Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators