Re: BUG #14269: Postgres JDBC driver should be able to connect using protocol version 2 to server versions 9.5+

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14269: Postgres JDBC driver should be able to connect using protocol version 2 to server versions 9.5+
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:34 AM, <kh2@araxis.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14269
> Logged by:          kh
> Email address:      kh2@araxis.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.3
> Operating system:   FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p6

=E2=80=8B[...]
=E2=80=8B

> Clearly, if the JDBC driver is to continue to support protocol version 2,
> it
> should not be trying to set server configuration parameters that do not
> exist on the server 9.5 and later, causing a connection to fail.

=E2=80=8BNot our (PostgreSQL's) bug...its JDBC's.

=E2=80=8Bhttps://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/issues

We are well within our rights to remove configuration parameters in new
versions.

If you do post an issue against the JDBC driver it would be nice to know
why you are trying to connect to a version 9.5 server using an outdated
protocol version.

This has already come up and a PR was opened:

https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/581

See additional discussion therein.

In addition to GitHub JDBC-related discussions also happen on:

pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org

David J.