Re: JSONB order?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: JSONB order?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 8:46 AM Tony Shelver <tshelver@gmail.com> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tony Shelver <tshelver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 17:45
Subject: Re: JSONB order?
To: Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>

Thanks Christophe, that's what I thought.
Just seemed weird that they were 'disordered' in exactly the same way every time.

FYI, as of Python 3.7, dicts are ordered.

The problem is that we are possibly going to have many versions of these forms with slightly differing keys, which will be a pain to order in some hard coded way.

The Google Sheet source document has column ordering.  If that is what you want to rely upon have your Python code capture that into an array and attach that array to the json document as a separate "field_headers_ordered" key (or something similar).

David J.