Re: Can I grant permissions to specific set of uids (linux) ?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Can I grant permissions to specific set of uids (linux) ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:26 PM, David Gauthier <davegauthierpg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi:

I'd like to grant select, insert, update, delete to a table for a specific set of uids (linux).  All others get select only.  Can the DB authenticate the current linux user and grant access based on the fact that they are logged in ()IOW, no passwords ?    Is this possible ? If so, how ?

​see

Note it authenticates by the name, not the numeric value.

​If that doesn't cover your need the answer to your question is probably no.

David J.