Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use MINVALUE/MAXVALUE insteadof UNBOUNDED for range partition b

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use MINVALUE/MAXVALUE insteadof UNBOUNDED for range partition b
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Robert, all,

> > I vote for rejecting it.  DDL compatibility is less valuable than other
> > compatibility.  The hypothetical affected application can change its DDL to
> > placate PostgreSQL and use that modified DDL for all other databases, too.
>
> OK.  Any other votes?

I haven't been as close to this as others, so perhaps my vote is only
0.5 on this specific case, but that's my feeling on it.

I think we are being consistent as a project by enforcing strictness of input in this situation so I'll toss my +0.5/+1​ here as well.

David J.