Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM, abdujaparov <afmulone@gmail.com> wrote:
This is my problem.

We must load  a lot of data in a postgresql database.

We tried to load 380000 rows in a not partitioned table on postgresql. To
load this data we spent about 1,5 hours. The table has a serial field and
the sequence cache is 10000.

After that we tried to load the same rows (380000) on a partitioned table.
To load data we spent about 2,5 hours. The table is the same (serial filed
and sequence cache is 10000). Following the postgresql manual to implement
partitioning I created a father table, child tables, function to insert data
in the correct child table and the trigger that calls the function.

In each cases I must monitor sessions on postgresql and I do not know how to
monitor.

​The documentation chapter titled: "​
Monitoring Database Activity
​" would seem like a good place to start.

The first view listed in that section is the main one for discovering what is currently running.

SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

​David J.​

Сообщение: Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions
Сообщение: Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions