Re: postgres connection with port option in shell script

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: postgres connection with port option in shell script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Abhra Kar <abhra.kar@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

      I want to get postgres connection in script file. I am executing below command and successfully getting connected ---

psql postgresql://$USER:$PASSWORD@$HOST/$DATABASE <<END

If all you are going to do is substitute environment variables into a URI why not just identify the environment variables that psql uses directly, set those, and call "psql" directly.​

select * from abc;

This is executing with default 5432 port.If postgres is installed to any other port then port option need to be include here[Don't want to take port from .pgpass file].

​You couldn't even if you wanted to.​  Did you maybe mean the .pg_service.conf file?

You should strongly consider using .pgpass instead of "$PASSWORD" - especially depending upon where perform the export.

How I can modify this command with PORT option.

​David J.