Re: What type of Compiler to SQL? Memory-Image (Load-and-Go) Format?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: What type of Compiler to SQL? Memory-Image (Load-and-Go) Format?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 6:00 PM Wen Yi <chuxuec@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi team,
I am a newbie to the postgres.
When I am studying the compiler,the text book tell me there is there type of compiler.
  1. Assembly Language Format
  2. Relocatable Binary Format
  3. Memory-Image (Load-and-Go) Format

IIUC (I haven't formally studied compilers), none of the above, or, rather, not applicable.

I can conjure up an analogy that says the assembly language artifact has a similar relationship to the operating system kernel as the compiled plan has to the database executor.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: What type of Compiler to SQL? Memory-Image (Load-and-Go) Format?
Сообщение: Re: What type of Compiler to SQL? Memory-Image (Load-and-Go) Format?