Re: BUG #15079: [54000] ERROR: total size of jsonb array elementsexceeds the maximum of 268435455 bytes

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #15079: [54000] ERROR: total size of jsonb array elementsexceeds the maximum of 268435455 bytes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 1:58 PM, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15079
Logged by:           Revathi
Email address:      revs.subdu@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.0
Operating system:   CentoS

Hi,

When I try to update the column with large json value (of type jsonb). I am
getting following error.

[54000] ERROR: total size of jsonb array elements exceeds the maximum of
268435455 bytes

Is there any way to fix it or increase jsonb size?

This isn't a bug and the only option to increase it is to change "JENTRY_OFFLENMASK" in src/include/utils/jsonb.h (and while I'm not a hacker I doubt its that simple).

If you are willing to go down the hacker path you should post a new message to the -hackers list discussing your desire.

Otherwise the limit here seems to be due to having too many array elements - converting each element into a single database row will probably work and likely will perform considerably better regardless, though its difficult to know for sure without more detail about the structure of the json.

David J.