Re: Drop/Re-Creating database extremely slow + doesn't lose data

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Drop/Re-Creating database extremely slow + doesn't lose data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Thalis Kalfigkopoulos <tkalfigo@gmail.com> wrote:
@DavidJohnston, I don't know why, but yes, I am doing all operations connected from template1.

Oddly, the notes on the aforementioned page state: "The principal limitation is that no other sessions can be connected to the template database while it is being copied." yet in your example you appear to be connected to template1 when you execute the CREATE DATABASE command...

​The convention on these lists is to bottom-post (or inline).  Top-posting is greatly disliked as it makes it difficult for observers to follow and catch-up on an existing thread.

As to my observation - I failed to process the word "other"; the issuing session can be connected to the template but that is all.  This is OK because the current session would be unable to affect any other changes while the CREATE DATABASE is in progress.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Switching roles as an replacement of connection pooling tools
Сообщение: Re: Switching roles as an replacement of connection pooling tools