Re: BUG #18429: Inconsistent results on similar queries with join lateral

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #18429: Inconsistent results on similar queries with join lateral
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 8:50 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Benoit Ryder <b.ryder@ateme.com> writes:
> Would you know a way to avoid this bug? I could probably tweak the query
> until the result is looking good, but I would prefer to make sure the
> bug won't reappear if the query is used with different data or context.

I'm not seeing a bulletproof way offhand, other than "update to v16".
Disabling nestloop plans fixes your Q4 in the back branches, but not
Q1 (because there's no opportunity for a hash or merge join in Q1).

Q1 is trivially fixed by specifying "WITH c2 AS MATERIALIZED ( ... )", No?  Which is why it isn't broken in 9.4 and any of the other versions where we materialized CTEs by default.

David J.