Re: CREATE/ALTER ROLE with NULL password

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: CREATE/ALTER ROLE with NULL password
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thursday, November 22, 2018, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 11:58:25PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> Should tweak the paragraph to point out this exception as well.
>
>  The ENCRYPTED keyword has no effect, but is accepted for backwards
> compatibility[, except in the PASSWORD NULL form.]

The docs list the following with the patch as supported grammar:
[ ENCRYPTED ] PASSWORD 'password' | PASSWORD NULL
And it seems to me that '|' has priority over '[]', so ENCRYPTED does
not apply to PASSWORD NULL if phrased this way.

Yes, the syntax block is perfectly clear but we still explain said grammer in words and should be precise there as well, IMO.  Not a big deal though.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: CREATE/ALTER ROLE with NULL password
Сообщение: Re: CREATE/ALTER ROLE with NULL password