Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:02 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
We are already doing that now, though I argue we are in fact documenting the "other clients receive the notification as soon as committed - regardless of chaining" situation (the additional restrictions on receiving are then what cause the chain authoring client to wait).

Specifically:

Firstly, if a NOTIFY is executed inside a transaction, the notify events are not delivered until and unless the transaction is committed.

vs.

So notification events are only delivered between transactions.

I'll accept that "and-chain" means there is no "between transactions" period.  But there is no qualification to "until the transaction is committed".

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`
Сообщение: Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`