Re: BUG #15063: Updates to temporary tables fail when there is apublication with FOR ALL TABLES

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #15063: Updates to temporary tables fail when there is apublication with FOR ALL TABLES
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15063
Logged by:          Dan Goodliffe
Email address:      dan@randomdan.homeip.net
PostgreSQL version: 10.2
Operating system:   Linux

Given a publication which uses FOR ALL TABLES, so that future tables are
included...

[...]

I'm not sure if the temporary table has been added to the publication (which
isn't supported) or if the presence of the FOR ALL TABLES publication alone
(without the table being added to it) is enough to trigger the problem.

I can provide more debug/details etc if required given an idea of what's
needed and how to get it.

A similar report regarding materialized views came through the other week and though I haven't seen a patch as of yet I believe the cause is at least understood.  Unfortunately a minor release just came out so it will be a couple of months proabaly before a fix is released - unless you can compile from source (for production if not just for testing purposes).

For now, "for all tables" mode is broken unless all you really have are normal tables.

David J.