Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Change pg_cancel_*() to ignore current backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
On 2015-05-20 00:59, Jim Nasby wrote:
I find it annoying to have to specifically exclude pg_backend_pid() from
pg_stat_activity if I'm trying to kill a bunch of backends at once, and
I can't think of any reason why you'd ever want to call a pg_cancel_*
function with your own PID.

That's a rather easy way of testing that you're handling FATAL errors correctly from a driver/whatever.

I'm having trouble thinking of a PC name for the function we create that should do this; while changing the pg_cancel_* functions to operate more safely.

David J.​