Re: Unexpected behavior of DROP VIEW/TABLE IF EXISTS

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Unexpected behavior of DROP VIEW/TABLE IF EXISTS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

Just I don't see this proposal as clean win. More it is not limited only this case. It should be consistent with DROP INDEX, SEQUENCE, ...

Yes, they are likely all broken in the same way and whomever agrees with the "it's bugged" conclusion and is willing and able to write a patch should check them and possibly add those checks as regression tests.

But without a concrete example of problems I'm not going to be convinced there is a downside to fixing this bug.  Given it's converting an error into an equivalent end result without the error I'd support a committer who wants to backpatch whatever fix is devised.

David J.