Re: 12.1 Partitioned Table Creation Bug

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: 12.1 Partitioned Table Creation Bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 12:48 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Chris Drawater <Chris.Drawater@viavisolutions.com> writes:
> geo=> create table junk ( a int, b int) PARTITION BY RANGE (a);
> ERROR:  cannot specify default tablespace for partitioned relations

I'm guessing you've got default_tablespace set to something nonempty.

I don't know why the decision was made to throw an error rather than
silently ignoring the setting ...

Ignoring the setting seems to be what the documentation says we do:

"For partitioned tables, since no storage is required for the table itself, the tablespace specified overrides default_tablespace as the default tablespace to use for any newly created partitions when no other tablespace is explicitly specified."

So this seems like a regression in v12.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: 12.1 Partitioned Table Creation Bug
Сообщение: Re: 12.1 Partitioned Table Creation Bug