Re: Regex help again (sorry, I am bad at these)

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Regex help again (sorry, I am bad at these)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Christopher Molnar <cmolnar65@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all!

Sorry to have to ask the experts here for some regex assistance again. I am admittadly awful with these and could use some help.

Any suggestions?

I have found over the years that it is far easier to write a short PHP or PERL program to do tasks like this.  Much easier to debug and the speed improvement by using SQL is not important for 200,000 records.

​If all you end up doing is using regular expressions in Perl then I'm not sure how that solves the "inexperienced at regular expressions" problem...so what kind (if any) of non-regex based solution would​

​you implement to accomplish this goal.  I'll admit that, being familiar with regular expressions, I probably tend to resort to them by default now when other solutions - if I stopped to think of them - would be less matrix-y.

Obviously a simple find-replace is unlike to work well though some form of "split-and-rearrange" could work - but URLs seem to want the flexibility since defining split points in one seems challenging.

David J.